Interested in Caribbean scuba diving? Then you need to check out St Vincent and the Grenadines!
From pristine reefs to the famous shipwrecks..a fascinating and memorable diving experience awaits you in the Grenadine islands!
Each island in this tropical archipelago promises divers something different: St Vincent’s steep black coral curtained walls, Bequia’s monster schools of fish, Mustique’s currents, Canouan’s shapely hard corals and the nurse sharks of the Tobago Cays.
ST VINCENT & THE GRENADINES DIVING HIGHLIGHTS
With warm, clear waters and a variety of dive sites, this exquisite island group offers conditions for every level of diver. From beautiful reefs, ship wrecks, caves and 150ft wall dives.. The Grenadines have a plethora of dive options!
- Capital Wrecks – Three shipwrecks, best suited to experienced divers.
- New Guinea Reef – An astounding variety and species of black coral.
- Layou Wall – Drops to 150ft make for an excellent wall dive.
- Bequia – Hawksbill turtles, eagle rays, seahorses, pipefish and batfish.
- Mustique – Sloping reefs and coral expanse with spotted drums and banded coral shrimp among other fascinating fish and critters.
- Mayreau Gardens – Crinoids, garden eels and flamingo tongues can be found here. There is also a wreck of a 1918 British gunship lying in only 40 feet of water off Mayreau.
- Tobago Cays – Home to green turtles. You will have an unforgettable time in the water with these wonderful creatures.
- Mopion Reef – A great place to see sharks!
- The Bat Cave – A shallow rocky passageway cut through the reef makes for an interesting cave chamber. This is one of the most challenging dives ( inside a cliff ) in St. Vincent
- Anchor Reef – A spectacular wall dive with lovely coral reef formation. Expect to see eels, squid and seahorses living amongst the gorgonians.
- Water Temperatures: Water temperatures consistently in the 70s and 80s
- Recommended Wetsuits: 3mm wetsuits are usually all you need.
- Visibility varies with the tides, weather, depths and locations, but usually is often good, sometimes very good (70’+).
BEST TIME TO DIVE ST. VINCENTS
July to December is the rainy season, with frequent rain showers.
TRAVELING TO ST. VINCENT
From the West Coast of the United States, an overnight either in San Juan, PR or Barbados is required, followed by a short flight on Liat Air to Kingstown. Jump on the early Liat flight and you will be in the water diving by 10:30 am.
From the South & East Coast. Fly into Tortola, Grenada or San Juan and Charter a Boat. Relax as you Sail your way into to Grenadine Islands!
Search 30,000 Boats & Adventure Charters Worldwide😎 Skippermyboat.com
TRAVEL UPDATES: 2021
2021 has arrived and with it a renewed optimism worldwide. Be sure to add sailing and sunshine to the agenda this year with our selection of exotic destinations
Now welcoming visitors for charters in 2021. Browse our open bases below and find the travel inspiration you have been looking for…Great deals in the Caribbean! Dm for more info
For more information on Current Travel Restrictions check out Skippermyboat’s Traveler Resource Guide!